Cranberry Cinnamon Roll-Ups
Children of all ages will have a ball assembling these yummy treats that start with plain white bread and other fuss-free ingredients. "Cranberry sauce gives these appetizers lots of holiday appeal," notes Dorothy Pritchett from Wills Point, Texas.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Spread bread with 2 tablespoons butter. Spread each buttered slice
- with about 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style;
- secure with a toothpick if desired. In a shallow microwave-safe
- bowl, heat the remaining butter in the microwave until melted.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip roll-ups
- in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place seam side down on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until
- browned. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.