Cranberry Chili Salsa
“This is delicious, easy to make and very different from your typical salsas. The combination of tart and sweet adds to its appeal.” Try it—it’s sensational! Mary Guertin - Bourbonnais, IL
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Place the cranberries, sugar, chilies, cilantro, onions, lime juice,
- peel and spices in a food processor; cover and pulse just until
- blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; chill until serving. Serve with
- chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 78 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.