Cranberry Chili Meatballs
Using packaged meatballs helps save time in the kitchen and they are just as tasty as homemade. My friends look forward to enjoying these meatballs at our holiday gatherings and there are never any leftovers! The sauce is tangy yet sweet, and the festive color is perfect for any holiday party. —Amy Scamerhorn, Indianapolis, Indiana
76 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six
- ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for
- 20-25 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 meatball equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.