Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice
Tender chicken is baked in a sweet-tart cranberry sauce for this elegant entree. “This chicken is delicious, and it’s so easy to prepare,” assures Evelyn Lewis of Independence, Missouri. “I love that I can do other things while it bakes.”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a small bowl, combine the water and rice mix with contents
- of seasoning packet. Pour around chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce
- and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads,
- 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice mixture and 1/4 cup sauce equals 332 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon