Cranberry Cheese Spread
"Here's a creamy sweet-tart spread that's ideal for a holiday buffet," notes field editor Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and
- cinnamon until smooth. Spread onto a serving dish or plate.
- In a small bowl, stir cranberry sauce until it reaches spreading
- consistency; spread over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 144 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.