Just in time for holiday breakfasts, Marlene Muckenhirn offers this easy four-ingredient berry and citrus spread. "It's great on toast or bagels," notes the Delano, Minnesota reader.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and orange peel; cook
- and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over butter. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 57 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.