Cranberry-Brie Phyllo Triangles
A creamy fruit filling is tucked inside flaky phyllo dough in this special appetizer. One big batch never lasts long at my house!
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- 1 package (16 ounces, 18-inches x 14-inches sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cranberry-orange sauce or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- Cut phyllo sheets lengthwise into 2-in. strips; cut each strip in
- half widthwise. Using five strips at a time, brush each strip with
- butter and stack on top of one another. (Keep remaining phyllo
- covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out.) Place 1 teaspoon
- cranberry sauce and one to two cheese cubes at the end of each
- stack. Fold into a triangle as you would fold a flag.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with
- butter. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 3 triangles equals 232 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.