Cranberry-Apple Sweet Potatoes
A few convenience items hurry along prep of this speedy casserole from Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan. A sweet-and-tangy fruit glaze tops canned sweet potatoes and apple pie filling with delicious results. Serve it alongside roasted meats or take it to a potluck.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (2 pounds 8 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Spread apple pie filling into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top
- with sweet potato slices. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry
- sauce, preserves and marmalade; spread over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 263 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.