Cranberry Apple Saute
My husband came up with this recipe by adding cranberries to fried green apples. We thought the colors were perfect for the holidays, and the flavor went well with our Christmas ham.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 4 medium unpeeled tart apples, thickly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat
- for 15-17 minutes or until the apples are tender and the sauce is
- slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.