"I found this not-too-sweet recipe in our local newspaper many years ago. It's a family favorite--especially when fresh blueberries are in season," shares Cindy Steffen from Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Add sugar substitute. Cook and stir until mixture is warm and
- gelatin and sugar substitute are dissolved (do not boil). Transfer
- to a bowl. Stir in cranberry juice. Cover and refrigerate until
- slightly thickened. Fold in peaches and blueberries. Transfer to a
- 7-cup mold or 2-qt. bowl coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate
- until firm. Unmold onto a plate or serving platter. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 71 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.