- In a bowl, toss the apple, cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon and
- remaining sugar; set aside. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly
- floured surface. Roll into a 20-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Combine egg
- white and water; chill 3 tablespoons. Brush remaining mixture over
- dough. Spoon fruit mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal ends.
- Place seam side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated
- with cooking spray; pinch ends to form a ring. With scissors, cut
- from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at
- 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist so filling shows.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Brush with reserved egg white mixture. Bake at 375° for 20-25
- minutes or until golden brown (cover with foil during the last 10
- minutes). Remove to a wire rack to cool. Combine confectioners'
- sugar and orange juice; drizzle over ring.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 200 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.