Meet the Cook: I don't like my pancakes with syrup, so I pour this sauce over them instead. It goes great with chocolate cake, carrot cake or any other type of cake also.
Both my husband and I love cranberries. We use them with chicken, turkey and pork...on ice cream or on pudding...or, when it's hot, just eat them plain or with some whipping cream.
I've always enjoyed cooking - and it mak
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 large apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Puree mixture in food processor.
- Cover and refrigerate. Yield: about 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 124 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.