Here’s a festive twist on traditional holiday cranberry relish. Says Jody Bauer of Balaton, Minnesota: "This salsa packs a tart-sweet blend of fresh flavors, goes together in simply minutes and the colors are beautiful! We think it makes the perfect party dip to celebrate the season."
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, process the cranberries, apples, red pepper and
- onion in batches until coarsely pureed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the sugar, apple juice, cilantro,
- jalapeno and lime peel. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 45 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.