Cran-Apple Cookie Cobbler
For a nice change of pace from traditional cobbler, give this recipe a try. Folks enjoy the sugar cookie topping, and I love the convenience!Renee Ryno, Spokane, Washington
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cranberry
- sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour over apples. Cut cookie
- dough in half widthwise (refrigerate half of the dough for another
- use). Cut remaining dough into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place over apple mixture. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until
- toppings is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve with ice cream
- if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.