Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
Your favorite fisherman would be proud to find his catch fried with this golden coating, "I've gotten raves each time I've made this fish," says Dennis Dornfeldt of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper.
- Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a
- skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side
- or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 397 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.