Crab and Pea Salad
"From picnics to potlucks, this fast-to-fix combination receives rave reviews," writes Janine Gillespie of Milwaukie, Oregon. "I often garnish it with paprika, sliced hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes or croutons."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- In a bowl, combine peas, crab and bacon. Combine mayonnaise and onion
- powder; fold into the crab mixture. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 242 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.