The taste of this dish is as impressive as its name. Imitation crabmeat keeps it affordable, but it's fabulous with the real thing, especially for special occasions.Mary Rose Fedorka, Jamestown, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika
- and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in
- process cheese and lemon juice until cheese is melted. Remove from
- heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in crab.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional
- paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes
- or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 25 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium,