Crabmeat is a favorite in this part of the country. It gives twice-baked potatoes great flavor, and the onions add zip-potato lovers rave about them.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, cut up
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. When
- cool enough to handle, halve potatoes lengthwise. Carefully scoop
- out pulp into a bowl, leaving a thin shell. Set shells aside. Beat
- or mash potato pulp with butter, cream, salt and pepper until
- smooth. Using a fork, stir in onions or chives and cheese. Gently
- mix in crab. Stuff shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Return to the oven
- for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.