Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
For a little something special, I like to include this appealing appetizer in holiday buffets. Guests really go for the creamy crab filling with almonds and celery that add a fun crunch.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a large bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the crab, mayonnaise, celery,
- almonds, green pepper and salt. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 208 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.