Crab-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
For a little something special, I include these petite pleasers on the menu of our holiday parties. Our six children and 15 grandkids eat them up warm and juicy from the oven.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
- a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. In a small bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff tomatoes; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 53 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.