Crab Salad Pockets
When I'm out of crab, I substitute tuna with great results. This sandwich makes a nice, light lunch.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 ounces imitation crabmeat, flaked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, cucumber, peppers, onion, celery
- and seafood seasoning. Stir in mayonnaise. Fill pita halves with
- crab mixture. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 219 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.