These special open-faced sandwiches from Donna Bennett of Washougal, Washington have wonderful crab and cheese flavor. "This recipe closely resembles a dish my husband and I enjoyed at a favorite restaurant several years ago," Donna writes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, celery and onion.
- Place muffins on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread each muffin half
- with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with
- paprika. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 muffin halves (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheeses) equals 346 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.