Two types of cheese on top of a savory crab mixture make these open-faced sandwiches ooey-gooey good! I usually serve them for dinner, but they make a great app when cut in half. —Donna Bennett, Bramalea, Ontario
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise, celery and
- green onion until blended. Place muffin halves on an ungreased
- baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat until toasted. Spread muffin halves with crab
- mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil
- until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.