- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour,
- mustard, pepper, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup each mozzarella and cheddar cheeses until blended.
- Remove from the heat; fold in macaroni.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and basil. Transfer
- half of the macaroni mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Layer with reserved mushroom mixture, remaining macaroni
- mixture, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Top with crab and Swiss
- cheese. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 535 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.