Crab Filled Deviled Eggs
Whether served as an appetizer or alongside an entree, Karen Conklin's deviled eggs offer a welcomed change of pace. That's because the Santee, South Carolina reader fills them with a creamy combination that includes crabmeat, hot pepper sauce and a dash of cayenne.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon
- juice, tarragon, onion, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Stir in
- crab until well combined. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.