Crab Asparagus Quesadillas
This decadent combination features fresh asparagus and crabmeat with Mexican flare. “These make eye-fetching appetizers and can even be served as the main course,” relates Curtis Gunnarson of Sycamore, Illinois.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 12 large ripe olives, sliced
- On two tortillas, layer each with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup asparagus,
- 1/4 cup crab, 1 tablespoon picante sauce and remaining cheese. Top
- with remaining tortillas; press down lightly.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook one quesadilla at
- a time in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, olives and
- remaining picante sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 wedges equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.