Cowabunga Root Beer Cupcakes
I developed these cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday and transported them using dry ice. Be careful not to freeze them solid! —Mindy Carswell, Walker, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 4 teaspoons root beer concentrate, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions, adding 2
- teaspoons root beer concentrate when mixing batter. Remove to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix whipped topping and remaining root beer
- concentrate until blended; spread over cupcakes. Serve with ice
- cream. Yield: 24 servings.