When she needs a fast flavorful meal-in-one, Terri Adrian of Lake City, Florida turns to this filling combination of kielbasa, rice and veggies. "It's a hearty dish for cool weather," she says.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion in oil until onion is
- tender; drain. Combine the water, soup, basil, thyme and pepper; add
- to skillet.
- Stir in broccoli and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover
- and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is
- tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 391 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,347 mg sodium,