Country Ribs with Ginger Sauce
This recipe comes from my church kitchen. It's appeared on many menus through the years because the ribs have such mass appeal.
8-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Sprinkle ribs with sugar and salt; rub into both sides of meat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and
- ginger. Spoon half of the sauce over both sides of ribs; refrigerate
- for 1 hour. Set remaining sauce aside for basting.
- Place ribs on a greased rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is
- tender, basting with remaining sauce every 15 minutes. Yield: 8-12
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.