Country Pumpkin Muffins
At pumpkin harvest time, these muffins are a favorite at our house. You'll love the spicy taste, plump raisins and crunchy walnuts. They freeze well, too.
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine
- flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture;
- blend well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into greased muffin
- tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield:
- 2-1/4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.