Country Plum Crumble
MY GRANDMOTHER shared this recipe with me 30 years ago. It was one of her favorites, and it always earned her compliments.
Now history has repeated itself! I've given this recipe to many friends and am delighted to share it with Reminisce readers.
-Shari Dore, Brantford, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup canned plums, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- Cut the plum in half; discard pits. Divide equally among four
- well-greased 6-oz. custard cups. In a bowl, combine the flour,
- sugar, salt and nutmeg; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir
- in cornflakes; sprinkle over plums.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.