Country Pineapple Casserole
My family enjoyed this dish at a church ham supper, so I asked for the recipe. I've made it for many covered-dish meals since and have received many compliments. It really is delicious.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in
- pineapple and lemon juice. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.