- Punch dough down. Let rest for 15 minutes. Turn onto a lightly
- floured surface; divide in half. Shape into two loaves.
- Place in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. With a sharp knife,
- make four to five diagonal slashes across the top of each loaf.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat egg white and cold water; brush over loaves. Bake at 375°
- for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when
- tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12
- slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 78 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.