Country Ham and Potatoes
"THE browned potatoes give this dish a special tasty touch. Not only do they pick up the flavor of the ham, but, piled on the platter surrounding the slices of ham, they are the perfect embellishment to make this entree very attractive.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fully cooked sliced ham (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, quartered and cooked
- Snipped fresh parsley
- In a large heavy skillet, brown ham over medium-high heat in butter
- on both sides until heated through. Move ham to one side of the
- skillet; brown potatoes in drippings until tender. Sprinkle potatoes
- with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,337 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.