Country Green Beans
This deliciously different way to dress up green beans is sure to become a family favorite at your house, too. The garlic, chopped ham and onion blend so well with the beans. It's a beautiful and tasty side dish that has real country appeal.
-Linda Gaido, New Brighton, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are
- crisp-tender. Drain if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.