- in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour,
- pepper and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, broth and
- sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in chives. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.