Cottage Cheese Confetti Salad
When I was growing up, this light but satisfying salad often took center stage as our supper during summer. My mother served it with a platter of smoked fish and good country-style rye bread with unsalted butter.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, tomatoes,
- onions, green pepper, radishes and cucumber.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.