Corny Vegetable Salad
Bright yellow kernels perk up this cool, crisp vegetable medley on my corny menu. Its garden flavor is unmistakable, and the dish is extremely easy to assemble. Since it needs to be chilled, you can make it the day ahead.
-Nadine Brimeyer, Denver, Iowa
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, broken into florets (8 cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (6 cups)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool. In a large
- bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, onions and corn. In a small
- bowl, combine dressing mix and sour cream; mix well. Pour over
- vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- hours. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free sour cream) equals 90 calories, 0 fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.