Corny Good Chili
My family loves corn so adding it to chili was a no brainer. It is great during the fall and winter.Mary Wolfe, LaCrete, Alberta
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef, onion and celery; cook until
- tender. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; simmer until heated
- through. Yield: about 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 298 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 20 g protein.