Corny Bread Bake
My family used to turn up their noses at casseroles, but then I put this on the table. Everyone enjoyed the slightly spicy filling...and even asked when I could make it again!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow
- 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In
- another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk
- mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 382 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a