Cornflake Crunch Tenders
The cornflakes give a nice crunch to these oven-baked chicken tenders, which are great for a meal or snacking. Kris Lehman
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 16 chicken tenders (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with
- cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, Italian
- seasoning, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat
- egg. Dip chicken in egg, then in cornflake mixture. Place chicken in
- prepared pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 18-22 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 383 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 49 g protein.