Cornflake Bacon Cookies
The older my four children got, the less time they seemed to make for breakfast. So I often kept these hearty cookies on hand for them to eat on the go.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg. Combine
- flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Blend
- thoroughly. Stir in bacon, cornflakes and raisins. Drop by rounded
- tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.