Making this jelly every year in the summer is a tradition in my family. I often give this jelly as a gift.Marge Hagy, Brewster, Washington
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large corncobs
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Yellow food coloring
- Cut corn kernels from cobs and reserve for another recipe. In a
- stockpot, place corncobs and water; bring to a boil. Boil for 10
- Discard the cobs; strain liquid through cheesecloth. Liquid should
- measure 3 cups. Add additional water if necessary.
- Return to the kettle and stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling
- boil. Add sugar and bring back to a boil. Skim foam and add a few
- drops of food coloring. Pour into hot jars. Cool and refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: about 4 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 76 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.