Corn and Tomato Medley
With a little spark of cumin, this garden-fresh medley showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn, onion, green pepper, butter,
- salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is
- melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato
- and sugar; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 126 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.