- 8-10 minutes. Immediately place pepper in a bowl; cover with plastic
- wrap and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred
- skin. Chop pepper.
- In a bowl, combine corn, 1/2 cup onions, Parmesan, roasted pepper and
- barley. In another bowl, combine vinegar, water, lemon juice, sugar,
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Pour over barley mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with
- remaining onions.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 256 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.