Corn and Pea Medley
Our home economists sized this fresh tasting side dish so it's perfect for a pair. Complete with a buttery dill sauce, it makes an ideal dinner accompaniment to nearly any main course.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, place 1 in. of water. Add peas and corn. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until
- peas are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion
- in butter until tender. Stir in the lemon juice, dill and pepper.
- Drain peas and corn; add the onion mixture and stir to coat. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 87 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.