Corn Rice Medley
Adding colorful vegetables to rice is a simple way to dress it up. This is a versatile side dish for many entrees.
-Cheryl Ivers, Orangeburg, South Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1- minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper and green onion
- in oil until tender. Stir into rice. Add the corn. Cover and cook
- for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 291 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.