Cooking with corn brings back memories for me...my family grew corn on the farm where I grew up in North Carolina. I remember picking up corn the picker left behind in fall. This recipe is a colorful side dish for anyone who loves vegetables.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 cups diced peeled yellow summer squash (about 4 squash)
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until
- soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables
- are done. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.