Corn Chip Crunch
Folks can't seem to stop eating this sweet and salty treat when I serve it. A nice twist on popcorn or cereal snack mixed, it's great for munching on during holiday movies and parades or football games.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups corn chips
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine corn chips and peanuts. In a
- small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over
- corn chip mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 250° for 30-40 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto
- waxed paper; cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers.
- Yield: 8 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 399 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.