Corn Chip Beef Bake
From Holyoke, Massachusetts, Barbara Bernard writes, "After my children left home, I found it difficult to whittle down meals for two, but I eventually succeeded, and this became one of our favorites. You can easily freeze the extra portion if your cooking for one."
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato, lemon juice, salt
- and hot pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Spoon into two 15-oz. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with crushed corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and 1/2 cup corn chips) equals 416 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium,